Virtual Campaign Details
Carefully read the regional officer information and fill out the officer nomination and honor code form and return to Dr. Annie Tuttle.
Nomination and Honor Code Form
Interested Candidates Must Do ALL OF the Following by Thursday Feb 25, 2021 at 3pm
Please click on the link (Regional Officer Information) and read all the regional officer information and virtual campaign details before applying for regional office.
1. Email Dr. Tuttle (email@example.com) your completed regional officer application (must be signed by your advisor OR have your advisor email Dr. Tuttle approval), AND the code of conduct form – (forms are on the NY PTK website).
2. Email the following 3 things to Newyorkregionptk@gmail.com:
- A written response to these questions:
- a. Provide a brief introduction of yourself (major, academic/professional goals, community/volunteer involvement, campus leadership)
- b. What is the primary reason you are seeking Regional Office?
- c. In your opinion, what is the most important issue facing community college students today?
- A photo of yourself (one that is appropriate to post on our website)
- A 2-minute video speech on how you would strengthen the NY Region as a Regional Officer
*candidates who do not follow these instructions will be ineligible to run
Virtual Campaign Timeline and Details
Video Speeches, bio/picture, and written answers will be posted on the NY PTK Website from March 1 to March 5, 2021
Voting will be done on the chapter level - each chapter must select one voting delegate who will cast your chapter's votes by March 5, 2021 at 5pm, using the google form, which will be posted on the NY PTK Webpage
Two finalists in each category will be announced on March 5, 2021, in the evening.
On Friday of the conference, we will hold a live candidate caucus, so members can learn more about each finalist. Chapters will then vote for one of the two finalists in each category.
The new regional officer team will be announced at the end of the conference.